Tax Appointment Checklist

Please read over the list and gather any relevant documents that pertain to your tax situation.


  1. Government issued photo ID.
  2. Completed Client Information Sheet **REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR RETURN**
  3. If you are a new client, provide copies of tax returns for the past 3 years
  4. Forms W-2 for Taxpayer (& Spouse if applicable)
  5. Forms 1099-INT for interest
  6. Forms 1099-DIV for dividends
  7. Forms 1099-B for sale of securities/stocks (Please provide stock purchase price & date)
  8. Forms 1099-MISC for Commissions & Fees (Profit and Loss Statement if Self-Employed)
  9. Forms 1099-R for Pensions, Annuities and IRAs or other retirement plan withdrawals
  10. Forms 1099-S for Real Estate sales
  11. Forms SSA-1099 or RRB-1099 Social Security and Railroad Retirement benefits
  12. Forms 1099-G for Unemployment Compensation
  13. Forms W-2G for Gambling Winnings
  14. Forms 1099-G for State tax refunds
  15. Forms 1099-C for Cancellation of debt (loan, bankruptcy, property repo, or credit card debt)
  16. Real Estate Rental Income and Expenses and/or Royalty Income and expenses (no receipts)
  17. Traditional IRA or Roth IRA Contribution amounts
  18. Form 1098-T Tuition Statements and related expenses (books and student activity fees)
  19. Form 1098-E Student Loan Interest Paid
  20. Copies of Schedules K-1 for S Corporations, Partnerships, Joint Ventures, Estates, or Trusts.
  21. Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement (If you acquired, sold, or refinanced a home or other property in 2017, bring a copy of the closing statement.)
  22. Real Estate Tax Statements
  23. Charitable Contributions (Any contributions made over $500, must have receipt)
  24. Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses (Union dues, tools and supplies, special uniforms and safety equipment, professional dues and subscriptions). Do not bring receipts.
  25. Business Vehicle Expenses if unreimbursed (business mileage, parking, tolls, and repairs, insurance). Cannot deduct commuting or personal mileage or expenses.
  26. (Health insurance premiums, Vision, Dental and Prescription drugs). Do not bring receipts, only total amounts.
  27. For Child Dependent Care, we require Name, Address, Fed. ID# or Social Security Number and amount paid for the year (per child)
  28. Miscellaneous: Sales Tax paid on large purchases; Tax Prep, Financial planning/consulting fees; Investment expenses, Safe deposit box.